Next Pulse event: Sunday 17 March 2024. 6.30pm at Durham Cathedral.
What is The Pulse?
The Pulse is a termly gathering for young people (school years 7-13) organised through Durham Diocese.
Take a look at the image gallery for a taste of what we get up to!
What happens at The Pulse?
Each event is different; it is usually based in Durham Cathedral but not always. The purpose is for youth groups to come together in larger numbers than their weekly meetings, to have fun, to explore faith in a variety of different ways and to worship God together.
During the pandemic, we moved online, but were physically meeting again now. Past events and activities have included:
- a pilgrimage across the sands to Holy Island
- magician and comedian John Archer
- the worlds largest escape room
- a gospel choir
- big games
- prayer spaces
- Archdeaconry Youth Games at Brancepeth Castle
- a juggler
- youth worship groups from around the diocese
- a Taize service
- Gladiator challenges with Ace (Warren Furman)
- a party with DJ Sean Pickering in the Monks Garden at the Cathedral
The most recent event was held on Sunday 22 October when over 100 young people from 20 different churches gathered to worship together at Durham Cathedral. They took part in the world's largest escape room and heard Bishop Paul's faith story. Find out more.
The next Pulse youth event will be held on Sunday 17 March 2024. 6.30pm at Durham Cathedral.
Free. To find out more, contact Andy.Harris@durham.anglican.org / 07796 769307.