The following vacancy is within the Diocese of Durham and is being advertised at the request of the Parish.
St Nics is an open evangelical church based in the heart of the City of Durham. As part of the Church of England we have a diverse community of 300 regular attenders across all age ranges. Based in the University City of Durham St Nics has a long established ministry with students over decades. This vacancy arises after the departure of our previous student and international worker to train for ordained ministry.
We are seeking a faithful, enthusiastic and motivated Media and Communications Co-Ordinator with a passion for storytelling and using communications to help build Christ-centered community.
A confident self-starter, proactive, with good administration skills and able to set priorities, the post-holder will design and produce communications in a range of media. The role will suit someone with creative flair, attention to detail and excellent design skills.
To serve St Nics Church through effective communication across a range of platforms, quality design, and implementing systems to support our communications strategy. Working closely with the Church Operations Manager and the Vicar.
- Overall responsibility for the production of publications at St Nics such as weekly newsletters and notice sheets, termly brochures, website material, notices for Sundays, ensuring that they are produced to a consistently high standard and to time.
- Responsibility for ensuring all notices boards, including the public display boards outside the church, are visually pleasing, up to date and relevant to events and the vision of St Nics.
- Managing the hosting, style and content management of our website
Responsibility for editing and uploading all service sermons and other audio and video files to the website
- Train and recruit volunteers to help with AV and PA for services
- Producing content for St Nics social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with analytic tools and understanding SEO
- Help establish a style guide and maintain it throughout all written and electronic publications
- Take the lead in keeping our communications fresh and up-to-date in content and delivery platforms
- Create and edit short videos and audio
- A personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- A heart for serving God’s church through your talents and skills
- A team player – someone who is able to enthuse and inspire volunteers in their ministries at St Nics
- An eagerness to learn and develop, to try new things and work with flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Vision, initiative, and self-motivation.
- You will need to be a good organiser, able to take responsibility and to see creative solutions to problems which you are asked to solve.
- Confident IT skills with knowledge of varied social media channels.
- General office experience, along with being familiar with standard office software packages, will be an advantage. These should include: Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Good, detailed technical knowledge of video and audio production and editing
- Strong time management skills.
- Good knowledge of website hosting and content management
- Excellent writing and editing
- Creative and able to design materials quickly
- Familiar with Pro Presenter 6
- Ability to record and edit both film and audio for short films and podcasts
Please complete the application form and return it to [email protected]
Should you wish to discuss the role please contact [email protected] or follow the link below for an application form.
Closing Date: Tuesday 14 Sept 2021
Interviews: Monday 27 Sept 2021