Are you a Senior Leader who is effective in business delivery spanning IT, Data, Operations and organisational process improvements with the ability to influence and engage relationships at all levels working in partnership?
Are you passionate about change management and leading projects whilst engaging multiple stakeholders? Are you a highly skilled and dedicated team player with a passion for business systems, process design, data compliance with a track record ideally in the faith/charity/heritage sectors?
Do you come with a proven track record of delivering innovation and embedding new processes whilst being a champion for leading change across several departments?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
Our client is one of the 42 Dioceses within the Church of England and covers an area of 987 square miles bounded by the River Tyne in the North and the River Tees in the south. Our client has responsibilities within the Cities of Durham and Sunderland, the metropolitan boroughs of Gateshead and South Tyneside (including Jarrow and South Shields) and Hartlepool, Darlington and Stockton on Tees. The Diocese is led by the Diocesan Bishop, advised by the Trustees (Bishops Council) and is responsible for providing leadership, support and administrative services to its clergy and parishes. Our clients four diocesan mission priorities are:
- Encouraging Growth;
- Engaging Children & Young People;
- Challenging Poverty; and
- Caring for God’s Creation.
As a senior leader, you will work in partnership with the administration team and liaise with the admin staff working for the Bishops and Archdeacons. The role will work across functions including IT, data, finance, property, HR, safeguarding administration, and comms and reports into the Diocesan Secretary (CEO).
You should have empathy with the Christian faith and the ability to work effectively within a Church of England context in support of its mission and ministry, which is centred around its priorities.
What does the role involve?
The successful applicant for the Business Services Manager opportunity will relate to operational efficiency and effectiveness and process improvement with functions including finance, IT, data management, facilities, and office management. You will work closely with the Diocesan Secretary and the management team who are responsible for these functions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to optimise internal systems and processes, driving performance and efficiency so that the central office functions are able to best support the mission and ministry of the parishes within the Diocese.
What qualities will you need to be successful?
- We are looking for a passionate engaging Senior Leader who has experience within a business role across operations, finance, IT and information systems management.
- Strong cross-functional project management experience is a must for the suitable applicant; some experience within the charity/heritage or faith sectors would be well received.
- You will need to have experience of managing outsourced contracts as well as working with CRM type systems, understanding the requirements around data handling. A commercially minded individual also able to get the best value with third parties would also be an advantage.
- You will have the ability to utilise technology to deliver performance gathering, analysing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data and excited to improve systems and processes to enable the organisation to achieve its goals.
- We are seeking someone with excellent IT skills, with experience of leading cross-functional projects. Experience in business process change projects would also be an advantage.
- You need to be strategic and able to develop information and communications technology for the Board of Finance to support the business needs in a post-Covid working environment.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate empathy whilst making business-critical decisions within a fast-paced and complex environment with the ability to negotiate & influence at a senior level whilst developing strong, positive relationships that inspires confidence quickly.
- Ideally, you will be a people-focused individual that is focused on team support and development. You will be a passionate and high energy leader that has a soft touch and strong influencing skills, to help the change processes move forward steadily whilst also respecting the culture and legacy of this organisation with an overarching degree of empathy for the Church of England.
- You will be able to demonstrate a project management qualification (Prince 2, PMP, AgilePM, Lean Six Sigma) or equivalent.
- You will also be ideally degree educated.
How to apply
If you are interested in this Business Service Managers role and possess the skills necessary, please email [email protected]