The Right Reverend Paul Roger Butler, Bishop of Durham will take part in a series of event during the week ending Saturday 22nd February 2014 culminating in a service at Durham Cathedral on Saturday 22nd February to mark his ‘Inauguration of Public Ministry, Enthronement and Installation’.
Ahead of the Saturday 22nd February Inauguration service, Bishop Paul will take part in the traditional welcome to the Diocese on Croft Bridge followed by a joint Darlington Deanery and Darlington Civic Reception on Friday 21st February. Details of these events and events for the week following his enthronement: Friday 21st February
- Press Call for media only – 10.15am – St Peters Church Croft on Tees (Thank you to the PCC of St Peter’s for once again allowing us to use their facilities for hosting this press call.
- 12 noon – Croft Bridge, Croft on Tees, Darlington. This is the traditional welcoming of the Bishop into the Diocese over the River Tees at Croft. The Mayor of Darlington will present a falchion to the Bishop as part of this historic ceremony.
- 2pm – Darlington Deanery and Darlington Borough Council Presentation of an Address of Welcome to the new Bishop into the Diocese – St Aidan’s Church of England Academy Darlington. This is an invitation only event. Media not to attend.
Saturday 22nd February
- 11am Service – Inauguration of Public Ministry, Enthronement and Installation, Durham Cathedral.
Week Beginning 24th February 2014
Bishop Paul will be visiting each of the the three Archdeaconries of the Diocese during the week to meet the people and visit various local projects.
- Tuesday 25th February 2014 – Durham Archdeaconry
- Wednesday 26th February 2014 – Auckland Archdeaconry
- Thursday 27th February 2014 – Sunderland Archdeaconry