We are looking for a skilled and passionate leader able to work with the Bishop of Durham and his senior team as an active participant in shared leadership, releasing our Bishops to a fuller ministry of mission and evangelism in the public square.
If you are interested in this exciting role where there are also huge opportunities to nurture, encourage and enable the wider ministry and mission of the Church we want to hear from you.
- Closing date: 26th May 2017
- Shortlisting: 31st May 2017
- Interviews: 15th / 16th June 2017
The next Archdeacon of Auckland will join the Diocese at a time when we are seeking to be more outwardly focussed joining in the mission of God. Our vision is to Bless our communities in Jesus’ name for the transformation of us all. We are looking to be growing churches with a particular commitment to children and young people and to play our part in facing up to the reality of poverty.
You will be instrumental in:
- Building supportive and collaborative working relationships with Area Deans and Lay Chairs.
- Energetically and actively resourcing organisational change, particularly in helpingDeaneries develop and enact their Deanery plans.
- Being open to creative opportunities to work differently in building God’s Kingdom.
- Working comfortably across diverse liturgical and cultural styles.
Applications from women and members of BAME are particularly welcomed.
Come and help us focus our energies on Church growth, Children & Young People and Poverty